Your ads will be inserted here by
Easy Plugin for AdSense.
Please go to the plugin admin page to
Paste your ad code OR
Suppress this ad slot.
Western Digital Corporation, a world leader in storage solutions, today announced the expansion of its award-winning color portfolio with a new line; WD Gold™ datacenter hard drives. WD Gold datacenter hard drives are designed for a broad range of applications – including small- to medium-scale enterprise servers and storage, and rack-mount datacenter servers and storage enclosures.
With purpose-driven designs for the datacenter, WD Gold datacenter hard drives are launching with a new, high-capacity configuration of up to 8TB that offers HelioSeal® helium-technology for performance, ideal capacity per square foot, power efficiency and low power consumption for datacenter environments. WD Gold datacenter hard drives feature an optimized design with an 8TB option that helps reduce the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of servers and storage systems, benefiting IT administrators challenged with growing storage capacity needs on limited budgets. WD Gold hard drives will also include a premium dedicated support line for customers worldwide.
“Western Digital has a proven history of providing award-winning purpose-driven products for unique requirements of each application environment, like WD Red®, WD Purple® and WD Blue® drives,” said Brendan Collins vice president of product marketing, Western Digital Corporation. “WD Gold is a pinnacle part of the color portfolio strategy and another step in creating optimized drives for the markets we serve. Our continued goal is to deliver the most competitive and reliable solutions on the market.”
WD Gold datacenter hard drives include:
- Improved power efficiency - New electronics enhance power efficiency up to 15 percent. HelioSeal technology enables up to 26 percent lower power consumption.
- Better performance – Up to 18 percent sequential performance improvement over previous generation WD Re™ 4TB datacenter drives, and up to 30 percent improvement in random write performance over previous generation WD Re 6TB datacenter drives through media-based cache, and up to 3x improvement over competitive offerings
High reliability – WD Gold incorporates best-of-breed design, manufacturing and test processes to achieve one of the highest reliability ratings in the industry – 2.5 million hours MTBF (8TB offering)
- Dedicated Premium Support Line and WD Gold Model Numbers – Western Digital offers a 24/7 premium support line for WD Gold customers and can be reached at U.S.: (855) 559-3733; International: +80055593733. WD Gold model numbers:
- 8TB: WD8002FRYZ
- 6TB: WD6002FRYZ
- 4TB: WD4002FYYZ
More information about the WD Gold hard drives and terms of the limited warranty may be found on the company website at www.wd.com.
 Versus previous generation WD Re hard drives
 Versus competitive enterprise class 8TB drives
Latest posts by owikh84 (see all)
- Review: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII FORMULA - April 21, 2016
- Razer Announces Turret Mouse and Lapboard Combo - April 20, 2016
- BenQ Launches CH100 Portable LED Projector - April 20, 2016