The highly-anticipated Haswell-E has just arrived, and John Lam from Hong Kong has already pushed his i7 5960X (Intel’s first consumer 8-core CPU) to a staggering 6549.71MHz (a 118.32% boost compared to stock speeds)! His system went so fast it might have got a glimpse of the future. His motherboard of choice to get him there? The Rampage V Extreme of course! This world record on the 2nd of September, 2014 is one of many from the seasoned extreme overclocker.
John Lam’s Specs:
• CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X
• MB: Rampage V Extreme
• Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4
• PSU: ANTEC 1200 High Current Pro
• CPU Cooling: LN2
Here’s the proof!
Latest posts by owikh84 (see all)
- Cooler Master Launches NovaTouch TKL Premium Keyboard, Priced at RM 699 - September 22, 2014
- GALAX Launches GeForce GTX 980 & GTX 970 Graphics Cards - September 19, 2014
- MSI Unveils GTX 970 GAMING 4G and GTX 980 GAMING 4G Graphics Cards - September 19, 2014