The highly-anticipated Haswell-E has just arrived, and John Lam from Hong Kong has already pushed his i7 5960X (Intel’s first consumer 8-core CPU) to a staggering 6549.71MHz (a 118.32% boost compared to stock speeds)! His system went so fast it might have got a glimpse of the future. His motherboard of choice to get him there? The Rampage V Extreme of course! This world record on the 2nd of September, 2014 is one of many from the seasoned extreme overclocker.
John Lam’s Specs:
• CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X
• MB: Rampage V Extreme
• Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB DDR4
• PSU: ANTEC 1200 High Current Pro
• CPU Cooling: LN2
Here’s the proof!
OverClocker, Reviewer at OCDrift.com
One of the most respected OverClocker here in Malaysia with vast knowledge in Motherboard, Graphics Card and Memory. The nick "owikh84" is not only well known in local tech sites but also international forums such as XtremeSystems.org, Overclock.net and so on.
Latest posts by owikh84 (see all)
- Cooler Master Launches NovaTouch TKL Premium Keyboard, Priced at RM 699 - September 22, 2014
- GALAX Launches GeForce GTX 980 & GTX 970 Graphics Cards - September 19, 2014
- MSI Unveils GTX 970 GAMING 4G and GTX 980 GAMING 4G Graphics Cards - September 19, 2014